Grunge Text Effect Video Tutorial
Create a grunge text effect in photoshop like the one above, extremely quickly - watch the video below and read the 5 quick steps of instruction.
1 Create A New Canvas
- Create a new canvas that is 500px x 500px.
- Create a black background layer.
2 Create The Text
- Use the Type Tool to create some text.
- I used the font "Verdana" at "100pt".
3 Rasterize The Type Layer and Select
- Rasterize the Text Layer by going to Layer > Rasterize > Type.
- Select the rasterized text layer by clicking on the layer in the layers palette while holding the ctrl button on your keyboard.
4 Apply Brush Strokes
- Select brush number 27 at a 27px diameter.
- Splatter some brush strokes on the text in a random pattern.
5 Apply The Craquelure, Grain and Sharpen Filters
- Apply the Craquelure filter using the settings above.
- Apply the Grain filter using the settings above.
- Apply the Sharpen filter, from the Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen filter menu.
Observe the finished Grunge text.