10 Photoshop Tool Secrets
10 Photoshop hidden techniques, tips and shortcuts to increase your speed and use of the Photoshop tools.
View on YouTube | View on Google | View on Yahoo | View on MySpace
1 Quickly Access Related Tools
- Hold alt and click on a particular tool’s icon to toggle related tools.
2 The Move Tool
- Hold CTRL to access the Move tool at anytime.
3 Duplicate Current Layer
- Hold CTRL and ALT to drag a duplicate of the current layer.
4 Use The Eyedropper Tool To Choose A Background Colour
- With the Eyedropper tool (I) selected, hold ALT when selecting colours from the image window to change the document background color.
5 Access The Hand Tool
- Hold the SPACE BAR to access the Hand tool (H).
6 Copy Colour Values To The Clipboard
- With the Eyedropper tool (I) selected, right click on an image to reveal a menu.
- Select Copy Color To Html.
- The hexadecimanl value will then be on the clipboard ready to pasted wherever you choose.
7 Toggle Quickmask Mode
- Simply press Q to toggle between Standard mode and Quickmask mode.
8 Quickly Increase/Decrease Brush Size
- Press [ to increase the size of the active brush.
- Press ] to decrease the size of the active brush.
9 Zoom In and Out Effectively
- Press CTRL + to zoom in.
- Press CTRL - to zoom out.
10 Access The Zoom Tool Menu
- With the Zoom tool (Z) selected, right click on the image window to reveal the Zoom tool menu.
- The menu includes the following options; Fit On Screen, Actual Pixels, Print Size, and Zoom In and Zoom Out.